- Important: Large Format Services from MAGIS represents a limited service depending on available staffing.
- We require a minimum of 1 weeks' notice for small orders (upto 6 items) and 2 weeks notice for orders
greater than 6 items; delivery is subject to staffing availability.
- Items that do not require the use of the MFP require a minimum of 2 days notice. This includes
items that we already have scanned or own copies of, including our aerial photograph collection.
- The library reserves the right to refuse large orders or orders that are outside the scope of MAGIS's
purview. MAGIS primarily services the geospatial needs of UH-Manoa, and then the UH System; we will
honor requests for others, subject to staff availability.
- Items that require research will be charged a minimum of $60 as a research fee. Subsequent hours spent
researching your request will also be charged $60 per hour. Aerial photograph requests which include
the Island name, Flight Line Number and Unique ID retreived by using
our viewer, will not be charged a research fee.
- UH system and East West Center users will not be charged for the first 12 digital copies each year.
Thereafter, cost recovery and media & delivery fees will apply.
- There is no difference in charges between color and black and white prints; the
charge for making a copy of a paper item is the same as printing an item.
- MAGIS will not reproduce any items that do not belong in the public domain, unless the user
obtains express permission from publisher specifying that the object will be used for academic
purposes." We will consider other requests that might fall under the purview of the "fair use"
under the Copyright Law (Title 17 of the US Code). Fair use is defined as that which is "not used
for any purpose other than private study, scholarship or research."
General Fees and Other Information
|Service/Category||Research Fees||Cost Recovery|
|Printing||varies||$6 per Square Foot on plain paper and $10 per Square Foot on glossy paper|
|Copying||N.A.||$6 per Square Foot|
|Scanning||varies||$25 per scan|
|Digital copies that MAGIS owns||varies||$5 per object|
|UH-Manoa MAGIS Lab Users||None|| One poster/map free for Spring 2012, **See below for details |
- Print: units in feet: 3 X 2.5 = 8 X $6 = $48 + $5 administrative fee = $53.
- Scan: 1 item = $25 + $5 administrative fee + varying media fee = Approximately $30
- Cost of a digital copy owned by MAGIS: 1 item = $5 + $5 administrative fee +
varying media fee = Approximately $10.
- Research: Example, matching a users area of interest with MAGIS's collection of
photos = $ 60/hour, 1 hour minimum.
- Users, other than students, will be billed by the library's External Services Program (ESP).
- Students will pay the bill at the Business Services kiosk on the first floor and then return
to collect their order.
- Any order that was not collected (prints or scans) will be charged a $25 non-collection fee
along with the administrative fee; we will also discard or recycle the order.
- Paper used will be 24 pound bond paper.
- All scans, unless otherwise requested, will be in TIFF format,
400 dots per square inch.
- We will scan all items in 8 bit mode with an RGB color profile.
**Free Map/Poster Printing Program for Spring 2012
We have a new FREE program for Large Format Printing.
- For MAGIS Lab users (who will use the MAGIS lab to create the poster/map), we will consider printing one poster or map or any other
geospatially related output per class or conference.
- The GIS output should be a product of the user's work in the
- Output will be on plain paper and upto poster size, normally 2 feet by 3 feet. MAGIS
will consider exceptions based on conference/class poster session requirements.
- Depending on requests and available staff and supplies, MAGIS may withdraw this program
anytime during the semester.