About Manoa MAGIS Goals
- Recover as much of our collection to reflect pre-2004 flood holdings.
- Have users search and find maps from our collection using our website.
- Meet with users and connect them with our map collection or map collections elsewhere.
- Offer large format photocopying services, scanning and printing, including high-resolution
scanning to import into a Geographic Information System (GIS).
Geographic Information Systems
- Connect our users with GIS data and become a Geographic Information
Gateway for Hawaii and the Pacific region, including developing a GIS
- Provide, through the Manoa MAGIS website a directory of GIS resources
including GIS teaching and coursework online, on campus and on Oahu.
- Provide a conduit for exposing GIS research/activities across disciplines
on campus as well as GIS activities in Hawaii.
- Georeference, automate and serve on the web, our entire digital aerial photograph
collection and when possible, acquire new collections of photos of the Hawaii-Pacific
- Continue to digitize and georeference newly acquired aerial photographs, including
creating basic metadata to assist search and discovery.